Here I will outline a simple how-to for adding an admin to Facebook. I get a lot of questions about the best way to manage Facebook. If you are part of an organization it’s always good to have at least 2 people as admin for your Facebook fan page, depending your size and involvement on the site. In the event that one person leaves the organization or is unavailable for a duration of time, you then still have a back-up to make sure your page is functioning and engaging properly with your audience.
Though Facebook can be frustrating at times, they’ve made the job of creating an admin fairly simple.
Just follow these 3 steps:
1. Anyone who is going to be an admin must already have a personal page and be a “fan” of your Facebook fan page. Before going any further make sure this step is complete.
2. To add another admin the current admin must login and go to the fan page. In the admin panel in the top right there is a tab called “Edit Page”. Click on that and choose “Admin Roles”.
3. You will then be given a list of all the current admins for that particular fan page. If you want to add someone simply start typing their name into the blank box where it says “Add Admin” and Facebook will bring up their name from your current list of fans. Viola! You now have a new admin to help manage your Facebook fan page!
Update: I have occasionally encountered problems at Step 3. Sometimes the person you want to add does not appear when typing their name. Be sure that the current admin and the person you are trying to add are also friends on Facebook. This should solve the problem.
Now, if you want to get more detailed, Facebook has different levels of admin roles. You can assign someone as a Manager, Content Creator, Moderator, Advertiser or Insights Analyst. It’s up to you and your organization as to how to allocate those roles. To get more detailed information as to what each role does click here.
How many admin does your Facebook fan page have? Is it managed on a regular basis and, if not, do you think having more admin would help in your efforts?
- Facebook Allows Page Admins to Schedule Posts and Assign Admin Roles [Speakeasy #7] (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- Facebook: new admin levels and scheduled posts for pages (epiphanysearch.co.uk)
- Facebook Gives Page Admins A “Voice,” Lets Them Easily Post As Themselves (webpronews.com)
- Facebook Admin Role-Playing: Which Character Are You? (thenorthblog.com)